Motor vehicle accidents injure and kill thousands of victims every year. If you have been injured in a recent motor vehicle crash in the Los Angeles area, you may need help from the Los Angeles personal injury attorneys at The Liberatore Law Firm. Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys are committed to helping victims rebuild their lives and move forward with the financial compensation that they deserve. Contact us online or by calling (424) 285-8550 today for a free consultation.
What Makes Us the Right Fit for This Case?
- Our car accident attorneys in Los Angeles are honest, dependable and relentless.
- Our law firm has over 20 years of experience handling auto accident cases.
- We have obtained more than $50 million in settlements and verdicts for past clients.
- We are not afraid to take car accident cases to trial, when necessary.
- Our car accident lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis.
Top Causes of Car Accidents in Los Angeles
Los Angeles car accidents can often be traced back to preventable driver errors. Many drivers fail to pay enough attention to the road or take proper care when operating their vehicles, despite having a duty of care to prevent car accidents as much as possible. This can lead to serious and deadly motor vehicle collisions. If you’ve lost a family member due to someone else’s negligence, we are here to provide compassionate support during this difficult time. Our Los Angeles wrongful death attorneys can navigate the complexities of wrongful death claims and seek justice on your behalf.
The most common causes of Los Angeles car accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Failing to yield
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driver inattention
- Texting while driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Following too closely
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Violating traffic laws
If driver negligence causes an auto accident, the driver’s car insurance carrier will be responsible for paying for related damages. Other top causes of car accidents include road defects such as potholes, auto part defects, malfunctioning vehicle equipment and company negligence (such as a trucking company).
California Car Accident Laws
If you get injured in a car accident in California, you or your personal injury attorney will need to successfully navigate all of the state’s related laws to obtain fair financial compensation for losses such as medical bills and property repairs.
California’s key car accident laws include:
- Fault-based insurance: injured parties will seek compensation from the person or party at fault for causing the car accident. The victim will bear the burden of proof to establish the other driver’s fault to an insurance company.
- Insurance requirements: all motor vehicle drivers are required to carry at least $15,000 in injury/death liability insurance per person, $30,000 in injury/death liability insurance per accident and $15,000 for property damage.
- Statute of limitations: car accident claims must be brought within no more than two years from the date of the crash. If this deadline is not met, the courts will most likely refuse to hear the case.
A car accident lawyer from The Liberatore Law Firm can navigate these laws and many others on your behalf throughout your car accident case. We will put decades of legal experience to work for you.
Contact a Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident in Los Angeles, help is available at The Liberatore Law Firm. We care about our clients and are committed to seeking justice for those injured in negligence-related motor vehicle accidents. Contact us to request a free case evaluation, where we will listen to your story and provide honest legal advice. Call (424) 285-8550 or fill out our online form to learn more.