Pedestrian accidents in Los Angeles and throughout California send hundreds of victims to the hospital with serious injuries each year. Most of these accidents are caused by careless, reckless and distracted drivers. At The Liberatore Law Firm, we are passionate about bringing at-fault drivers to justice for causing pedestrian collisions. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident in LA County, contact us right away for a free case consultation. Call (424) 285-8550 or fill out our online form.
Why Choose Us?
- We have represented injured clients for more than 20 years. Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers have in-depth knowledge of how pedestrian accident cases in California work.
- Our lawyers go above and beyond for their clients. We are relentless in our pursuit of justice and maximum financial compensation for injured pedestrian accident victims.
- We have a long track record of success. Our law firm’s verdicts and settlements exceed $50 million. We have the power to take personal injury cases to trial, when necessary.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents in Los Angeles?
If a driver is not paying enough attention to the road, he or she may make a mistake that ultimately changes a pedestrian’s life. Pedestrians are Los Angeles’ most vulnerable road users. When struck by a motor vehicle, a pedestrian can suffer catastrophic and even fatal injuries.
Drivers often cause pedestrian accidents through common errors, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Driving under the influence
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Running a red light
- Rolling through a stop sign
- Making an illegal or unsafe turn
- Failing to stop at a crosswalk
- Speeding in school zones
- Passing a school bus
- Violating traffic laws
In some cases, pedestrian accidents involve the fault of a third party, such as the government for an accident caused by an unsafe road condition or malfunctioning traffic light. Your attorney can help you file an injury claim against all responsible parties.
What Are Your Rights After a Pedestrian Accident in Los Angeles?
In California, all drivers must carry minimum amounts of bodily injury and property damage liability insurance to pay for the car accidents that they cause. If you get hit by a car as a pedestrian, you may be eligible for insurance coverage if you or your attorney can prove that the driver is at fault.
Proving fault typically requires evidence of the four elements of negligence (the failure to use ordinary care):
- Duty: the driver had a legal obligation to prevent the car accident.
- Breach: the duty of care was violated through careless or reckless driving behaviors
- Causation: the driver’s breach of duty caused or materially contributed to the pedestrian accident.
- Damages: the pedestrian suffered compensable losses as a result.
An attorney from The Liberatore Law Firm can help you prove fault after a harmful pedestrian collision in Los Angeles to qualify for compensation. For example, we can return to the scene of the accident, interview witnesses, collect evidence, and hire experts to reconstruct the collision. We have connections to experts who are at the top of their fields to strengthen your case.
Contact Us Today
If a driver hit you while you were walking or jogging in Los Angeles, help is available from the attorneys at The Liberatore Law Firm. We can pursue a personal injury claim on your behalf and fight for the financial compensation that you need for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Contact us for a free consultation with one of our attorneys by calling (424) 285-8550 or online. We look forward to helping you during this difficult time.