The Liberatore Law Firm is a team of experienced personal injury attorneys that can help if you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury in an accident in Los Angeles. We can guide you through the legal process after this life-changing injury using personalized legal strategies. Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers are committed to pursuing the case results that our clients require when faced with significant medical expenses from a spinal cord injury. Call (424) 285-8550 today or fill out our online form to start with a free case review.
Why Choose Us?
- We care about our clients and are always responsive to communications. Our spinal cord injury attorneys are dependable, honest and accessible.
- Our attorneys know how to get real case results. We have secured more than $50 million in settlements and verdicts for past clients.
- We take spine injury cases on a contingency fee basis. You will only owe us financial compensation if we successfully secure a settlement or judgment for your case.
Common Causes of Spinal Injuries
Many different accidents and incidents can result in spine injuries. Spinal cord injuries can be caused by direct injury to the spinal cord itself or from damage to the vertebrae and disks surrounding the spine, such as severe blows or crush injuries.
Common causes of spinal cord injuries in Los Angeles include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Premises liability injuries
- Defective and dangerous products
- Workplace accidents
- Diving accidents
- Sports impacts
- Violence, such as gunshots or stab wounds
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
In the context of car accidents, spine injuries may occur due to direct impacts on the spinal cord itself, such as when a sudden jolt or force affects the spine, or they can result from damage to the surrounding structures caused by severe blows or crushing impacts. The severity of these injuries can vary significantly, from mild discomfort to life-altering conditions, making it imperative for accident victims to seek prompt medical attention and legal assistance from a Los Angeles car accident attorney to address their unique circumstances.
The Liberatore Law Firm’s spinal injury attorneys have experience handling virtually all types of personal injury cases. We can help you understand your rights after suffering a spinal cord injury in any type of accident in Los Angeles.
Long-Term Effects of a Spine Injury
The spine is responsible for transferring messages from the brain to the body. If a spine injury occurs, a victim can experience many serious symptoms, including:
- Numbness and tingling
- Losses of sensation
- Changes in sensory function
- Pain or pressure in the head or back
- Muscle weakness or spasms
- Respiratory problems
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
- Sexual dysfunction
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia (paralysis)
In many cases, spinal cord injuries cause permanent effects. Although a victim may be able to regain some feeling and function below the point of injury with treatments, severe spine injuries are often irreversible.
Types of Compensation Available
A spinal cord injury case seeks justice for a victim in the form of financial compensation from the responsible party for his or her injury-related losses. A successful settlement or judgment award can repay a victim for existing losses in addition to compensation for future estimated costs.
Both economic and noneconomic damages may be available in your spinal cord injury case, including:
- Past and future foreseeable medical care
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and lost capacity to earn in the future
- Permanent paralysis or disability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Spinal cord injuries are often catastrophic. It is important to discuss the potential value of your case with a personal injury attorney before accepting an insurance settlement, as an insurer may undervalue the severity of your losses. A lawyer will fight relentlessly for the case results that you deserve.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Consultation
If you or someone you love has sustained a spinal cord injury in an accident in Los Angeles, contact the attorneys at The Liberatore Law Firm for assistance without delay. We can review your case and help you understand your legal options at no cost or obligation. Call (424) 285-8550 or contact us online to request a free case evaluation today. Our Southern California law office is located at 100 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700, Santa Monica, CA 90401.