A personal injury accident can turn your life upside-down. At The Liberatore Law Firm, our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers represent victims and their families to help them recover from traumatic accidents. We can fight for justice and the financial compensation that you deserve from the responsible party using proven legal strategies. Contact us online or call (424) 285-8550 today for a free case consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
Why Choose Us?
- We can put more than 20 years of experience to work on your behalf. Our attorneys can handle even the most complicated and challenging personal injury claims.
- Our attorneys are honest and dependable. We care about what happens to our clients and always personalize our legal strategies. At The Liberatore Law Firm, every client is a VIP.
- You can trust us to fight for you when results matter most. The verdicts and settlements we have achieved exceed $50 million. We are successful in over 95 percent of our cases.
Do You Have a Case?
A Los Angeles personal injury case is a civil law matter in which an injured victim (plaintiff) pursues financial compensation from an accused party (defendant) for causing or substantially contributing to an accident. During a personal injury claim, the burden of proof with a preponderance of the evidence rests with the plaintiff. This means the victim’s attorney must establish that the defendant is more likely to be at fault for the injuries than not.
Most personal injury cases are based on the legal theory of negligence. Negligence consists of four elements:
- Breach of duty
Establishing negligence in a personal injury case requires compelling evidence showing that the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care (an obligation to act in a way that a reasonable and prudent party would in the same or similar circumstances), breached or violated this duty of care, caused the accident and plaintiff’s injuries, and that the plaintiff suffered compensable losses.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Accept
Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers accept all of the following types of cases, among others:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Commercial truck collisions
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Vaccine injuries
- Toxic and chemical exposure
- Premises liability claims
- Dog bite injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Sexual assault
- Assault and battery
- Wrongful death
Our lawyers have years of experience in the personal injury practice area. We understand how these cases work and can navigate all of the laws related to your specific legal matter.
Do I Need a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury attorney is not absolutely necessary in order to file a claim against another party, but the reality is that these claims are incredibly complex for those without much legal or personal injury experience. When you have an attorney by your side, you will have an advocate ready to handle every aspect of the claim on your behalf. Their duties will include:
- Handling the expense of any investigation necessary to determine liability
- Filing the personal injury claim with the appropriate insurance carrier or in civil court
- Helping their client get evaluations from trusted medical and economic professionals
- Negotiating with insurance carriers and other parties to achieve a fair settlement for their client
- Fully preparing the Los Angeles personal injury claim for trial if one becomes necessary
Your attorney is there to handle the claim for you so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and getting back to your day-to-day life.
What Should You Do After Suffering a Personal Injury?
After sustaining a personal injury, there are various steps that can be taken to help ensure the integrity of the claim against another party. This includes:
- Seeking medical care. The number one priority for any injury victim is seeking medical treatment. This includes emergency medical care as well as any recommended follow-up treatment, physical therapy, surgical procedures, and usage of medical devices.
- Maintaining evidence. Personal injury victims should preserve any evidence they are able to obtain, including photographs or video surveillance related to the incident, as well as statements from eyewitnesses. This also means keeping documentation of all medical records and treatment as well as proof of lost wages or out-of-pocket expenses.
- Speaking to an attorney. A skilled personal injury lawyer should get involved quickly so they can preserve any evidence and obtain new evidence needed to prove liability. An attorney will be able to open negotiations with other parties on behalf of their client.
- Continuing medical treatment. Injury victims should continue all medical treatment recommended by their doctor. Discontinuing medical care could jeopardize any insurance settlement or personal injury jury verdict.
What Is the Statute of Limitations on Los Angeles Personal Injury Claims?
It is imperative to get your personal injury claim in Los Angeles filed on time. California stipulates that personal injury claims must be filed within two years from the date the injury occurs. This means that personal injury victims have a two-year window with which to file their claim against the alleged negligent party, or they will likely not be able to recover compensation at all.
In addition to the two-year deadline for a civil claim, please be aware that many insurance carriers have their own deadlines. Injury victims need to file a claim with any applicable insurance carrier as promptly as possible in order to avoid any claim delays or denials.
If you have any questions about whether or not you can still file your personal injury claim, please reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you figure out every deadline involved in your case and get the claim filed properly.
How Can a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Help?
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a preventable accident in LA County, schedule a free case evaluation with one of our lawyers. During your meeting – where we can meet you at your home or hospital, if necessary – you can tell your story and find out if your case has merit. If so, we can guide you through the personal injury claims process.
As your attorneys, we will take care of legal matters for you while you focus on healing. Our personal injury lawyers can conduct a comprehensive investigation of the accident, collect evidence to establish negligence, help you prove your injuries and losses, hire highly qualified experts, and pursue the best possible results for your case, even if this means going to trial.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Consultation in Los Angeles
Do not hesitate to contact The Liberatore Law Firm if you have been involved in a harmful accident in or around Los Angeles, California. Our personal injury attorneys are prepared to fight for maximum financial compensation on your behalf. Call (424) 285-8550 or contact us online today to begin with a free case consultation. Our Southern California law office is located at 100 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700, Santa Monica, CA 90401.